Employment-Based Immigration

At Karam Law our experienced attorneys handle all types of employment-based immigration cases. Our clients range from large high-tech companies to small employers and universities to religious or cultural exchange workers, TN employees and intra-company transferees. We use inventive approaches to solve difficult issues. Whether you are an employee or an employer, for more information please contact us by e-mail or call (952) 854-3313 for a free telephone consultation.

Foreign workers have several options through which they may pursue immigrant status. Employers may also wish to pursue visas for non-immigrant employees.

Immigrant Worker Visa Classifications

priority workers, a classification subdivided into three categories: persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors or researchers, executives and managers of multinational companies
read more

professionals holding advanced degrees, exceptional ability or national interest waivers

professional or skilled workers

other workers (requiring less than 2 years of training or experience)

Karam Law assists employers to hire the workers they need and assists workers to enter the United States in the visa category most suited to their skills. As immigration lawyers, we will analyze cases thoroughly and help employees obtain the documents and education evaluations vital to the success of their cases. We also assist employers with the complicated procedures of labor certification and meeting certain requirements of sponsorship, such as obtaining prevailing wages and documenting the ability to pay them.

Visas for Non-Immigrant Employees

We handle employment-based visas and issues that include:

non-immigrant visa used to bring a skilled worker into the U.S.
read more

non-immigrant visas for certain professionals from Canada and Mexico

for certain Australian nationals

non-immigrant visa for certain intra-company transferees
read more

for certain religious workers

for certain international cultural exchange visitors

There are a number of other visa categories for temporary workers, which can be found on the USCIS web site.

Non-U.S. Citizens, If you have moved, you need to follow two different steps:

  • File a Form AR-11 (This changes your address in the USCIS database.)
  • If you have a pending case, you must also file a Change of Address online or call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. (This changes your address for the specific application you have submitted.)

Each of these visa categories has specific conditions and requirements. Karam Law can help guide you through the requirements and special circumstances of each classification.

To learn more about how Karam Law can address your immigration needs, contact us today.