H-1B Nonimmigrant Employment Visa
The H-1B nonimmigrant visa may be used to bring a worker temporarily into the United States if the employee will work in a “specialty occupation” or a professional position.
While most of these H1-B eligible employees tend to work in technological fields, the visa is available for any employer that has a job available meeting the H-1B requirements. These requirements are either a bachelor degree or its equivalent, being a combination of education, training, and/or progressive work experience. The prospective employee must prove that he or she is qualified for the specialty occupation, which would be the specific job that the employer is offering.
E-3 Nonimmigrant Employment Visa
The E-3 nonimmigrant visa is used to facilitate the transfer of Australian professionals to “specialty occupations” in the U.S. A “specialty occupation” for an E-3 alien is defined in the same manner as in the H-1B context. In order to be eligible for an E-3 classification, an alien must be able to show he or she will be employed in a specialty occupation in the U.S., he or she possesses the required U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree (or its equivalent) in the specific specialty, and demonstrate he or she is a national of the Commonwealth of Australia.
L-1 Nonimmigrant Employment Visa
The L-1 nonimmigrant visa is used by international employers who are seeking the transfer of multi-national managers/executives (L-1A) or aliens of specialized knowledge (L-1B) into the United States. It is a visa designed to enhance and improve the management of multi-national companies, expand imports and exports and promote competitiveness in overseas markets.
It is important to note that the L-1 visa is granted only to intra- or inter-company transferees. For example, the potential L-1 visa holder must be an employee of an overseas company for a one-year period during the preceding three years, the company for which the person worked abroad must be a parent, branch, subsidiary or an affiliate of the United States company.
To prove such relation, the United States company must show a strong relation using proof such as percentages of overseas stock owned by the United States company, and identical shareholders of both the overseas and United States companies.
For more information, please contact us by e-mail or call (952) 854-3313 for a free phone consultation.